Hello, been tracking an issue where Wifi is constantly being used (arrows appearing), Wifi will stay on 24/7 even during doze and when Keep wifi on during sleep is set to "Never". I've tracked it to the OS in general and a process UID that is Google Account Manager (part of Google Play Services). Ultimately this problem means poor battery life unless I manually shut wifi off.

I've done 2 factory resets and the second one restored from no backups, did not sign into a Google Account, turned off all location features, turned off Sync, all permissions for Google Play Services and tried to disable and force quit every app/process I could, but could not get these constant wifi transfers to stop.

They do not happen on mobile data, only wifi. It's sending 60-70kilobytes each time, and it happens approximately once every 10 seconds. I've seen other people having the exact same problem on Google Searches but no solutions, just figured I'd check before sending my phone away.
    07-18-2017 09:57 AM
    This is OP, it is an Exynos Galaxy S7 on Virgin Mobile in Canada.
    07-18-2017 09:59 AM
    Welcome to the forums. There's nothing wrong with your phone and what you're seeing with wifi is normal. Turn the stuff back on so you can use and enjoy your S7. I have wifi on all day and the activity you're seeing is normal. Phones use battery power, you can't get away from that. I turn on DND and turn off wifi when I go to bed, otherwise it's on. Enjoy your phone.
    07-18-2017 10:04 AM
    I disagree, it's definitely not normal for the Wifi radio to be active 24/7/365, otherwise there would not be a feature called "Keep Wifi on During sleep".

I also did not have this problem before and it has halved my battery life and screen on time. Android System is the number 1 consumer of battery life because of this. Before this problem occured I used to turn my screen on and get the popup that it was connecting to the Wifi network, now that doesn't happen because the wifi radio will never stop transmitting.
    07-18-2017 10:36 AM