Hi. I just bought a new SD card, larger than my previous one. I am not able to move apps from my device to the SD card. I just get an error saying "unable to move app". These apps are ones that were previously on my other SD card. Also, some of my pictures and videos cannot be opened anymore. It says "file corrupted". Could my new memory card be defective?
    07-19-2017 12:37 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. Yes, the card could be defective, especially if its a bargain brand. I would try it in a PC, but that doesn't guarantee it will work in your device. What are you using to move the files?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-19-2017 01:29 PM
    It could be, but my first guess would be that you allowed the card to install as adoptable storage, which makes internal and external storage just one large storage pool (and is the default now). Format the card as portable storage and you should be back to where you were, if you really want that. (When you 'move' an app to the SD card, you're moving small pieces to it, and for each piece there's a link left in internal storage pointing to the part on the card. If the link is larger than the piece you moved, moving an app actually decreases free storage. If the card is adoptable storage, you don't have "an SD card", you just have "storage", and Android will store things where it wants to store them. But the entire app can be on the card.)

As for corrupted pictures, change your photo (and video) apps to point to internal storage - there is no more external storage if the card is adoptable.
    07-19-2017 01:33 PM