I have a Sony Xperia Z3 running Android 6.0.1. I use the Android Messages as my default SMS app. I updated the app 2 days ago to version 2.3.265 and ever since then I no longer get notifications on either the lock screen or when I swipe down to view notifications. I do still get the notification sound and my phone does vibrate when I receive a text, but nothing is displayed on the lock screen. I do get other types of notifications on my lock screen, like gmail or flipboard. Looking at the Android Messages settings, notifications is turned on.

Is there something I'm missing? A setting that I don't know about?

Thanks!
    07-20-2017 07:57 AM
    I have a Sony Xperia Z3 running Android 6.0.1. I use the Android Messages as my default SMS app. I updated the app 2 days ago to version 2.3.265 and ever since then I no longer get notifications on either the lock screen or when I swipe down to view notifications. I do still get the notification sound and my phone does vibrate when I receive a text, but nothing is displayed on the lock screen. I do get other types of notifications on my lock screen, like gmail or flipboard. Looking at the Android Messages settings, notifications is turned on.

Is there something I'm missing? A setting that I don't know about?

Thanks!

I have had the same issue, reading the reviews on the app it appears many others have too. It is an issue with this version of Android messages. I found a website with the older version .apk files and installed the latest version before 2.3.265 (I beleive it is 2.2.076) and I started receiving notifications again. I am on a rooted Samsung Galaxy s5 active running custom os with android 4.4.2 installed. I hope this helps!
    07-20-2017 09:46 AM
    I can't explain this, but the notifications are now displaying on my lock screen and I've done nothing AFAIK. Not only do I have the notifications back, there is also a new option to mark the message as read. Very strange, but I'm glad it's working again and I like the new ability to mark the message as read.
    07-20-2017 01:20 PM