the Gallery on my phone began not showing photos that were saved to my SD Card. The photos are on the card when I pop it into my PC, but I cannot seem them on the phone. I have mounted and unmounted the card several times, and sometimes it results in the albums showing, but the photo count showing only 1 photo per album, and when you access the album from the gallery it does not display. Sometimes all the albums come back with the right photo count, and only some of the photos are visible, and if you try to delete or move or save a photo, the albums all flicker and then disappear... but are still on the card when I pull it out and check it. Any advice?
    07-21-2017 12:58 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight may not work on all Nougat devices.)

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html.
    07-21-2017 01:02 PM
    I have installed DS insight the card is legitimate and fine. I have been using this card for 4 months since I first got the phone, and the phone has just recently begun having this problem. I have done the search for files that say .nomedia and deleted. I can see everything on the card on my computer without issue, it is a scandisk 64GB.

I have powered the phone down and back up. I have unmounted and remounted the card at least a dozen times, I have waited after un-mounting to remount. I have powered off then back on and remounted. I have done the cache clearing on the Gallery application, and on the phone via a hard reset (that's probably the wrong term I pulled it from another response on this forum).
    I will try the chkdsk option you have shared and let you know my success or not. Thank you very much for your assistance, I appreciate the help
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-21-2017 01:35 PM
    Using your favorite file browser app, can you see the pictures on the SD card?
    07-21-2017 01:40 PM
    If you mean SanDisk, go to SanDisk microSD Tech Support, look at the upper-right corner and you can get live help. (SanDisk really stands behind their cards.) I suspect, though, that it's a problem with Gallery (try using Google Photos - if it works, you have a problem with Gallery, which was replaced by Photos).
    07-21-2017 02:01 PM