Hi,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 and made use of "factory reset". Now I see that it is not possible to get the build number and/or to reactivate the so-called "Developer option". Does anybody know how you can reactivate these options after a factory reset?
    Thanks a lot!
    07-22-2017 06:05 AM
    Hi,
    I have a Samsung Galaxy J5 and made use of "factory reset". Now I see that it is not possible to get the build number and/or to reactivate the so-called "Developer option". Does anybody know how you can reactivate these options after a factory reset?
    Thanks a lot!
    You should always be able to view your build number, if you can not then perhaps there was a glitch in your reset. Since it sounds as though you only just performed the reset there would be little harm or effort in performing another one. I would attempt another reset and see if my build number and all of that other information returned. Perhaps performing a reset using the physical buttons this time instead of the menu option. On the note of using the physical button method that will also give you the option to wipe the partition which you might try first since this that will not cause you to start from scratch.

On another side note: you should always be able to view your build number, IO version, and other information so this issue strikes me as odd, but, and I don't know it would affect this aspect of the phone, sometimes things are delayed after a factory reset. I've seen it take up to 24 hours for contacts to fully appear, and restarts needed before other options stick, or maintain there settings. It's like the device is finding itself or trying to remember how to behave.
    07-22-2017 06:28 AM
    Thank you very much, VidJunky, for your quick and infomative answer. The problem is, I made the factory reset exactly the way you describe (via physical buttons). As a matter of fact, not the build number is relevant to me, but the Developer option. I read somewhere that this option disapeares after a factory reset. So, my question is whether there are any apps with which you can re-activate the developer option without a complete reset or so. There must be some apps which allows you to unhide the developer option. A root manipulation via reset menue (pressing physical buttons) seems to me a bit risky, so I would like to cope with this problem via apps.
    07-22-2017 01:24 PM
    Welcome to the forums. As VidJunky said, after a factory reset the build number should be available under settings - about phone and taping 7-10 on it should be enough to enable the Developer Options again. As far as I know this is the only way to do it.

If you can't see the Build Number after the factory reset you could try clearing data for the settings app in settings - apps - all/system and then reboot the phone.
    07-22-2017 01:31 PM