Hi i want a fingerprint scanner on my phone but its not built in.diy

Bobateabug176

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi i want a fingerprint scanner on my phone but its not built in. im a diy person and can program and etc. im wondedring using bluetooth or nfc can i make a external fingerprint scanner for my phone like by the scanner give it bt or nfc programming an app for my phone to work with it and it work? if so i can, please tell me how i would go about doing this. and if now please name the reason(s) this would not work, thanks. bobateabug

PJRed2008 you didnt say you werent a engineering place.

thank you rukbat

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
This is one of those "if you have to ask, you can't" things. You'll need an infra-red photocell, an infra-red LED (or red LED and photocell sensitive to red may work just as well), and a program that can recognize changes in the photocell output. Then read up on fingerprint detection and decoding technology - you'll have to develop the software on your own. (And I can tell you from experience that developing video recognition software isn't easy - if your time is worth anything, buying a phone with a fingerprint scanner would be a lot cheaper.)

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you want answers to this type of question you should look somewhere like XDA Developers. It may require root, then you'd have to have the hardware and all of that but if it can be done you'll get far more answers there then here.