My phone has an unnamed app that wont unistall and it pops up with ads all the time. Any tips?

Lisa Mastro

Mar 29, 2018
Visit site
I was having the same problem, which started after I installed Super Security 2018 by Mobile Security Labs, which had too many ads, so I uninstalled it. However, the ads remained on my phone and were extremely intrusive - to the point where they prevented me from answering calls, using my 'okay google' etc. Naturally, I assumed that was the offending app and thought it left pieces of it behind after uninstalling it.

But, after a ton of research, and seeing a different app pop up in the background now and then, I realized Super Security may NOT be the offending app.

It turned out to be a FACTORY INSTALLED app called TouchPal keyboard. Since it's factory installed, you cannot delete it.

I SOLVED IT by disabling it, which removed the updates, by force stopping it, clearing the cache and memory, and not allowing it to run. However, before doing this, you must install a different keyboard on your phone or you won't be able to use anything other than Google voice.

I installed Gboard, but i found that Swiftkey came just as highly recommended.

My phone is a Motorola N9560. If you're still having the ad issues with your phone, perhaps this will help you?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC