On an HTC1 M8 running Google 6.0 with no external devices connected and no other apps displayed in the app-interface box (lower right double-box button on the home screen pressed), "OK Google" is recognized every time I say it. When I start the OS-installed Media ->Music app, "OK google" is recognized every time I say it. When I start playing any song, "OK Google" stops being recognized. When I pause the music, "Ok Google" is recognized again every time.

When playing the music, if I lower the output volume control to it's minimum setting, "OK Google" works every time. If I raise the volume control 1 tick, the song volume is not heard from the speakers, but "OK Google" stops working.

There is some interaction issue between the Music app's output volume, with the detection of "OK Google".

When I am in the car and playing music over BT, if the music is at a "reasonable volume", the detection works most of the time. If the music volume is raised, sometimes the "OK Google" is not detected. I believe when I am playing the music over BT, the external microphone is used to pass the voice command on to the phone.

It would be nice if the phone alone worked the same way as the BT-paired phone.

When I am in the car, playing music, the "OK Google" detection stops working sometimes. A reboot of the phone brings the detection alive again. I haven't had time to get a duplicatable procedure to demonstrate this yet, but when I do, I'll post it.
    07-24-2017 08:46 AM