Left my home this morning at 100%. Drove to work (~45 minutes) without so much as unlocking my phone once and by the time I arrive at work at was at 74%. Kept it on the charger until lunch. Used it more-or-less non stop for my lunch hour and when I sat at my desk it alerted me to only 5% of battery life remaining. I'm sitting at my desk currently 25 minutes later and via USB Charging on my PC (NOT fast charging) I'm all the way back to 85%.

Other things that might be relevant:
    - Reset my phone completely Thursday night (After problem began, this started Monday)
    - 24 hours before the battery became this extreme my phone updated. The odd part was many preinstalled apps immediately updated (facebook, uber, AT&T services) and even thought I was connected to a fast wi-fi signal it took between 30 minutes and an hour to update the phone.
    - After I reset my phone I didn't have to redl the update but the aps went through the same update process taking much longer than seemed reasonable or had ever occurred previously when updating.
    - Battery usage as a percentage remained unchanged, so no one ap went rogue. They all maintained their proportional battery usage
    - The draining/charging issue occurs regardless of 4G/Wifi, Rural or Urban settings and didn't occur for the entire year I've owned the phone previously.
    - Internal micro sodders (according to my engineer of a step-dad) or something has caused thin pink lines to run down the right side of the phone. At first it was a solitary line and has grown to a cluster of about 10-12 of them approximately one mm wide on the display. My phone has never experienced a significant impact OR damage and the additional lines show up seemingly at random.
    - I've tried to read up and try traditional troubleshooting techniques before posting including resetting cache, restoring factory defaults, rebooting and checking/controlling how applications are allowed to run.

Not sure what is or isn't related but I wanted to be as specific as possible. I would feel cheated if the phone I purchased specifically for it's durability didn't even make it 60% of the 2 years I'll be paying on it (I know, I wouldn't be the first but I will be done with Samsung). Any and all help/advice is truly appreciated.
    07-24-2017 02:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. With the growing number of pink lines the phone is obviously having hardware issues. With battery usage evenly spread across multiple apps I would assume that hardware problem is impacting the battery, or, your battery usage reading is totally nuts. I would tend to let it run down a ways and see what the usage says. Maybe install a battery app and see it that agrees with your usage meter.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-24-2017 03:36 PM
    - After I reset my phone I didn't have to redl the update
    No reason you should have had to. A factory reset uninstalls downloaded apps and undoes any changes (like your Google account, the name of the phone, etc.) but doesn't reset to a previous ROM. The ROM update stays.

- Internal micro sodders (according to my engineer of a step-dad) or something has caused thin pink lines to run down the right side of the phone. At first it was a solitary line and has grown to a cluster of about 10-12 of them approximately one mm wide on the display. My phone has never experienced a significant impact OR damage and the additional lines show up seemingly at random.
    I wouldn't suspect solder breaks as the first thing - the cable between the motherboard and the display could have come loose, an IC could have gone bad, the display could have gone bad - there are many possible causes, but it takes a lot of shock to cause a soldered connection to break.

But something is causing both the battery drain and the pink lines. Due to the way the battery is acting, I'd suspect a dendrite in the battery (Lithium Battery Dendrite links for your step-dad if he wants to see what's driving a lot of people crazy), but that wouldn't be causing the pink lines, so I suspect that you have 2 problems.
    07-24-2017 04:17 PM