I think GOOGLE stinks. They are constantly changing the setting page in their browsers and making it more difficult to do simple things like clear your browser or make changes to advanced settings. Each time I want to do something I have to google it to figure out how to do it.

When are they going to fix the Android OS so that your icons will be locked onto your desktop? It is so aggravating when you put the phone down and all of a sudden you pick it up and your icons have disappeared.

For such a hi-tech giant I think they leave a great deal to be desired and should start focusing on their customers instead of their bottom line.

My next phone is going to be an iPhone.
    07-25-2017 08:33 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Not sure what specific settings you're talking about. As far as I remember the option to clear browser history has been in the same place in Chrome, settings - privacy.

About locking the home screen and avoid accidental changes. The great thing about Android is that you have choice. For example, there are different ways to lock your home screen setup, installing a custom launcher is the first one that comes to my mind. Easy, free and painless.

Tell us if you need any help and we'll try to help you out..
    07-25-2017 08:41 AM
    I don't typically lose icons from my home screen one either of my Android devices. The only time I recall that happening is when an app updates, and it's rare in even those cases (usually caused by a MAJOR app update or a change to the logo).
    07-25-2017 10:19 AM