When my android phone alerts me with a new update, it tells me that the update needs a certain amount of MB to be downloaded.
    My phone has only 8GB and system software takes up 4.16GB of it. I need to keep as much space as possible. 124.69 MB (the amount of space needed for the update) is a lot!!!
    So what my question is is this: after the update, is that 126 MB gone for good? Or is it only needed for the update and will be returned to me afterwards?
    If the MB is taken up for good, then how do I get rid of the pesky software update notification? I can't get rid of it, and it's annoying.
    07-25-2017 08:38 AM
    Welcome To AndroidCentral! Thanks for the question.

When you download an update, it's only asking you to have that amount of space free so it can store the files somewhere before you actually update. It should simply over-write the 'old' files and replace them with the new ones. So you shouldn't have any less space after the update. (unless the update is adding new features) instead of fixing bugs ect

I get security updates every month that are 100mb or so and it definitely doesn't take up more space each time i update.

Hope this helps.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-25-2017 08:44 AM