Press on button, loads fine, but just before the main screen comes on, the blue Tracfone logo momentarily fades. Then the main screen comes on telling me to press and hold, just like normal. But it is as if I am telling it to shut down! Is that what I'm ding? What else should I do instead?

On the screen it says battery charged 100%. Actually it has nothing to do with my finger press. I laid it down and didn't touch it and after the couple seconds it turned itself off.

In order to turn it on again, I have to remove the battery and put it back in.

Initially it said battery 35% on the normal battery screen, than later it was a different look saying 100% with a red checkmark.

To experiment, I put it back on the charger to see what it would say. Now 68% on the normal type screen.

I must say I had left it out in the rain but the watermark on the battery is still pure white. The phone was lying face up on the porch.

I use it seldom, mainly for emergencies while driving.

Is there a way to refresh or update the OS without having the phone on? since it won't stay on.

Or is this a battery problem?

ZTE Z716BL
    07-26-2017 01:40 PM
    The mark on the battery may still be white, but the phone itself may have gotten wet inside. And that will lead to all sorts of things, like changing battery charge, not starting, etc. You could take it to a repair shop for an estimate, but letting a phone sit wet, then charging it, usually means that the phone has to be replaced.
    07-26-2017 01:48 PM
    I did let it dry out for a day. It does startup. Did not charge right away. I know better.

It was not submerged, just sitting on the patio. Rain came and went, was not drenching storms.

When it does start it shows the normal first scrrn, even a "missed call" which I checked out (telemarketer). But then it turns off. Any way to save it by reinstalling the OS?

If not, how can I get my data off? Ph numbers, pictures?
    07-26-2017 03:08 PM