I've been looking for the right Android phone to buy my mom & maybe I might have found it but I'm not sure. Originally I looked into the Honor 8 or 9, but unfortunately she's stuck on Verizon. My best friend bought a new Note 5 for $360 but he is probably going to return it unless I want it. My mom doesn't need a lot of memory so 32 gb is fine. It will come w/ Nougat which I was originally worried about but I don't know how many more updates after that.

Pros: Great phone w/ a great camera & all the features of the Note series at an affordable price. Plus it will also be compatible w/ Verizon.

Cons: 2 years old, a better deal (around that same price) could come out in the next couple with the new Note's, V Series, Iphone's, etc coming out (but bare in mind it would have to work w/ Verizon's service so that limits my options)
    07-28-2017 05:34 PM
    It's for your mom. Does she need the latest and greatest OS updates? My mom doesn't particularly care. She's still using an S3 and my old Note 2. Heck her tablet is still the Tab Plus, and that's like 7 years old.
    Diehlirious likes this.
    07-28-2017 05:45 PM
    It's for your mom. Does she need the latest and greatest OS updates? My mom doesn't particularly care. She's still using an S3 and my old Note 2. Heck her tablet is still the Tab Plus, and that's like 7 years old.
    I love that argument. It makes a hell of a lot of sense because I don't think she needs the latest updates. She'll be new to Android too. I think that adds to your point also. Thanks bro!
    07-28-2017 06:09 PM
    Yes, the latest devices are difficult for new users due to all the myriad settings to can tie yourself in a knot with. They would be better off with an old clunker that simple and basic. That will avoid you having to untangle the device for them every couple of days....
    07-28-2017 09:42 PM
    I love that argument. It makes a hell of a lot of sense because I don't think she needs the latest updates. She'll be new to Android too. I think that adds to your point also. Thanks bro!
    It would still receive security updates, and avoiding major updates is also a plus since it won't get any interface changes. Remember how different Lollipop to Marshmallow to Nougat changes were?
    07-29-2017 02:16 AM
    Thank you for the help @Tim1954 & @chanchan05. My best friend decided to take it back. He thought at first that it would work but it wasn't a guarantee because he uses Sprint. I'm going to wait for these flagships to come out then look around.
    08-07-2017 03:47 PM