Hello,

My car's phone holder has an aux jack built in it so when I put my phone in the phone holder the phone automatically connects to the car's speakers through the aux in. When I do that the headphone icon shows on the top bar.

If I reach my destination while I am still on the phone call and take my phone out of the phone holder the phone automatically hangs up and I have to call that person again! It happens every time. I am not sure what's causing it.

1) Is unplugging the phone from the aux jack causing it to hang up?
    2) Is unplugging the phone from the charging cable causing it to hang up? (The phone holder also has a charging cable; when I put the phone in the phone holder the phone automatically starts charging and gets connected to the car's speakers.)
    3) Is reaching for the phone triggering the proximity sensor and causing it to hang up?

What's causing this problem?

The only work-about I found so far is switching the phone to Speaker mode then removing it from the phone holder so it won't hang up on the call. I guess this strongly suggests it's aux jack causing the phone to hang up?

Please help!

07-29-2017 09:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. I would agree that removing from the aux jack is disrupting something in the phone and causing the hangup. As you have figured a way around that I would use that, or just tell your caller you will call them back.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-29-2017 10:04 AM