I have a Moto z play.

Whenever I save a screenshot, it gets saved to /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots (other devices sport different paths).

Matter is that I would like to get to that path with solid explorer, pick an image and edit it with some app.

Well I tried several but it always says it is read only and you cannot edit just save a new copy.

I tried Google photos and Xodo as well.

I checked permissions and everybody has rights to write so I don't understand.

Any way to edit files in that path? And how come I cannot do that?

Thank you.
    07-29-2017 02:01 PM
    You can't do that because you don't have write access to that folder. I know it might look like you do, but you don't. Edit the shot and save elsewhere.
    ManiacJoe and tsolignani like this.
    07-29-2017 02:08 PM
    You can't do that because you don't have write access to that folder. I know it might look like you do, but you don't. Edit the shot and save elsewhere.
    Thank you. That's beyond me . What if I would copy to another folder those screenshots? Would I have edit permissions? And could I edit permissions on the first folder or would I need root to do that? Thank you.
    07-31-2017 01:05 AM
    Most editors will save your changes to their own folder because they know they cannot save to the current folder.

Yes, copying the files to a different folder should allow you to overwrite the original files with your changes.
    07-31-2017 04:31 PM