I want to move photos from my phone to my tablet & organize them, How do I move them and how to I make folders to organize
    07-30-2017 09:42 AM
    Depends on what tablet model you have. But usually you jusy select the photos you want to move, then a button saying 'move' will appear. Press that, then select create new album.
    07-30-2017 10:02 AM
    The fastest way is not with Gallery, but with a file manager. Find the DCIM folder. In there, make whatever folders you like (including folders in those folders). Copy (it's easiest in Total Commander - you get 2 windows, source and destination, so you can drag & drop) the files from where they are to where you want them to be. (Then, if the copying succeeds, delete them from where they were. If you Move them and it fails, you could lose both the original and the copy.)

Once you've finished, restart the tablet (or install media.Re.Scan if you don't want to have to restart every time you move a picture - Gallery and sound apps show or play those files found during a media rescan, which also happens when you do something media-related [like taking a picture] or when you run media.Re.scan).

Now run Gallery and you should see the pictures where you want them. (If you have duplicates, use the file manager again to delete the one in the folder [album] you don't want.)

Using Gallery to do it used the Move function, which has the problem mentioned above.

If you're going to reorganize them in your tablet, then move them to your phone, you have to copy (again - don't use Move) DCIM itself - that will copy all the folders in it. The albums aren't anything that actually exist - Gallery just shows the name of the folder a picture is in as the album name, so you have to delete everything in the phone's DCIM folder, then copy everything in the tablet's DCIM folder to the phone's DCIM folder. (Then restart the phone or install media.Re.scan in the phone too.)
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    07-30-2017 11:58 AM