My phone has been freaking out lately. Eithier russian hackers or, google sneaked something in during a download. It is a black background, full screen, has the google im feeling lucky search bar and a bunch of icons in a semi circle. It is annoying because it pops up for no reason and takes over the phone. Usually, i can get rid of it. Put i am trying to copy something from an email and everytime i try to move to the words i want to highlight and copy, this thing pops up and wont let we copy.
    Is there a way to hunt it down and murder it?
    07-30-2017 10:05 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Nothing related to Google or Russian hackers, don't worry

That sounds like the swipe feature included in ES File Explorer and a couple more apps. You can disable it in the app settings or, even better, uninstall it. If you decide to uninstall the app, remember, always better if you force stop, clear data and then hit the uninstall button.

Tell us how it goes.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-30-2017 10:15 PM
    Did youmean i can shut down just that screen in permissions, or do i have to shut down the whole app that the search screen is in?
    I have ES file explorer, but i did not see that screen in the permissions.
    07-31-2017 12:35 AM
    You can do both. If you open ES File Explorer you can disable that option in the app settings.

To uninstall, go to settings - apps - select ES File Explorer - force stop - clear data - uninstall.
    07-31-2017 01:28 AM
    Thanks.
    I found it in ES explorer and turned it off.
    I will see if that killed it.
    I really thought it was a google thing.
    I didnt see anything on it identifying it as an ES thing.
    Russian hackers really should adopt it, it is a great annoyance device.
    07-31-2017 02:35 AM
    Glad it helped. This swipe menu is usually opened if you swipe up from the bottom right corner of your phone. I'd recommend you to uninstall ES and use a different file explorer, like Solid or Total Commander, if you really need one.
    07-31-2017 08:25 AM