The security flaw affecting so many devices with Broadcom wifi chips in has had a lot of press recently and patches for most devices seem to have been issued in July - but my Tab S is still running security patch level as at Nov 2016? It says I am running the latest version.
    07-31-2017 03:39 AM
    The security flaw affecting so many devices with Broadcom wifi chips in has had a lot of press recently and patches for most devices seem to have been issued in July - but my Tab S is still running security patch level as at Nov 2016? It says I am running the latest version.
    Welcome To AndroidCentral!

I know the feeling. We all want to have the latest Security patches. I think this question will be better answered by Samsung on Twitter or E-mail. Security patches for devices, especially for Samsung are all over the place. Generally, the cheaper (or older) the device, the longer it takes for Software updates to come through. It also depends on when your carrier (if you have a SIM) releases the update. You can also give them a call.

The only thing on your end you can do is keep checking for new updates. Maybe once a week to see if anything new has come through.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    07-31-2017 03:50 AM