Android settings crashes after update to version 7.0

A

AC Question

I updated my galaxy a5 2016 to the new Android version. After this I tried to set a second language (Danish) but settings crashes with message settings has stopped. Some Google searches indicate that I should install a locale 2.x I tried this but failed due to lack of rights.

A

AC Question

Settings crashes when adding second language after upgrading to Android 7.0

I posed this question a couple of days ago and got the suggestion to wipe the cache using a hard reset (thank you). I tried this but still have the ptoblem: when using setup to add a second language the app crashes with the message 'settings has stopped'.

Ib_m_j

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
I tried to install the second language in safe mode as suggested, but still got a crash.
While I was at it I retried the first suggestion and noticed that I get an error message saying that the system fails to 'find /misc partition'.
I hope you have more suggestions for how I can get the languages set up correctly. Thanks.

Ib_m_j

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
I have now started the process of reinstalling the firmware. Before the actual reinstallation starts I am warned to 'remove Google accounts' on my device.
What does this mean? How do I remove these accounts?
Thank you for your help.