Hi, I have a BQ Aquaris X5 with Android in Cyanogen mode. Last night, for some reason, the phone re-started and a message appeared: "Android is starting... Optimizing apps XX of XXX" (the XX being numbers as in a counter, 89 of 192, etc.). Once it reaches the maximum number, it restarts and does this again. It keeps doing it and it never starts properly. It has now been more than 12 hours since the first restart.

I have restarted in recovery mode by pressing the power button and volume down, I have selected the factory reset button and when it restarts, the "optimizing apps" message is there again.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Xavi
    08-05-2017 03:00 AM
    That sounds like the part of storage in which the Dalvik cache sits is defective - the message means that it's rebuilding the cache, because it got deleted. If it's a hardware problem, it has to go into the shop for a new motherboard. Considering that it's 2 years old, you may want to spend a little bit more and get a newer phone.
    08-05-2017 12:45 PM
    Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday. But I'm sorry to tell you that I have no solution yet. Maybe an update was buggy...
    08-06-2017 05:47 AM
    If you have Zedge, this is what is causing it.
    I had also done other updates and thought it was Android System WebView as it started right after that had updated. Then I read it's Zedge and I've had that program for almost 2 years. I had restarted phone and was again stuck on "Optimizing", but for me each time it has been a good 20 minutes.
    I uninstalled Zedge and it started right up, no Optimizing. Thanks for everyone who figured this out!
    05-01-2018 05:36 PM