Hi. this is my story. I was using the camera under the water, and that is to say ONLY THE CAMERA. not even the charger jack was in the water. when I put it out of the water the camera stop working and shows a black screen (both cameras). I leave it dry, and after a full day, the camera was working. But with the bad surprise, the phone wasn't recognising any Sim Card, the phone shows No service all the time (even with different sims). At the beginning, I didn't think of water damage because was Waterproof! The local store was not even able to know why was not working. I checked on the internet until I found a way to check in the Sim Card tray the water damage indicator that was in RED. So what I did was put it on 99% isopropyl alcohol and leave it dry overnight in a recovery pack with a silica gel bag. After that, I did not turn on the phone in almost 24 hours.

When I turned on the mobile the good news is that the Sim is working now. BUT the touch screen is NOT. the display is ok, all the buttons, camera, etc ok.

Does anyone have any advice?
    08-06-2017 07:33 AM
    08-06-2017 09:57 AM
    The bad news is that the phone is water resistant, not waterproof. If it were waterproof, water damage would be covered by the warranry, but since it's only water resistant, water damage isn't covered. Even if it gets wet because you were using it n a light rain, it's not covered. And with the screen and the camera having been affected, I'm sorry to say that probably the only thing worth saving is the case - everything inside would have to be replaced, and that would cost more than a new phone. (In the future, try my plastic bag trick in the guide that Belodion linked to.)

Unfortunately there is no good news.
    08-06-2017 01:24 PM