So I am on Tmobile and with my simple one plan I supposed to have coverage in 120 countries

Phone is working in the US fine with no problems, and when I took the phone overseas it did not get any reception at all. No bars no signal no internet. I am in Turkey by the way and I brought different android phones to Turkey under Tmobile and they all worked fine

So I called Tmobile and they told me to go thru these steps but none of them worked

First I punched in #7556 # and the screen shows "not registered to network." Tmobile says I supposed to see "welcome to Turkey" but I do not see it

I also tried settings-coverage-more networks and then choose local operators one by one but same error message coming up "not registered to network"

When I go thru the steps a message appears "this phone has been flashed or something like that"

Can some one help?
    08-06-2017 11:19 AM
    If the phone has been flashed, it no longer has TMobile's software in it, and the software it has may not accept connections to towers other than those in the US.

Bring it in to one of TMobile's stores and see if they can do something with the SIM card or your account to make it work in Turkey. (But don't hold your breath.)

If that still doesn't work, you'll have to reflash it to the stock ROM (which TMobile might be able to do for you - the stock US ROM is at https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/...U5FQG3/181426/ that's Nougat. [Email that to yourself, so you have it available if they can flash the phone, but can't find the US ROM.])
    08-06-2017 02:15 PM
    Thanks so how do I tell what kind of flash or ROM it has currently? I assume there are different kinds of ROMs. And once I found what kind of ROM it has been flashed to , then how do I know it supposed or not connect to towers in Turkey?
    08-06-2017 05:21 PM
    I sent the phone back to ebay seller

No more unbranded phones
    08-14-2017 05:09 PM