I have a multimedia system that I recently purchased in my car. I can not use the device during a call (bluetooth connection). Anything I could do?
    08-06-2017 06:23 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that you can't play the call over the car's stereo? On the phone, go to Settings>Bluetooth, tap the gear icon next to the car stereo, and see if there is a Phone Audio checkbox. If so, make sure it's checked on. If there isn't, then the stereo might not be compatible with phone calls.
    08-06-2017 10:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean that you can't play the call over the car's stereo? On the phone, go to Settings>Bluetooth, tap the gear icon next to the car stereo, and see if there is a Phone Audio checkbox. If so, make sure it's checked on. If there isn't, then the stereo might not be compatible with phone calls.
    No. I mean that while I am having a call while the phone is connected with bluetooth to the android car system, I can not use other apps. It is "locked" on the call screen
    08-07-2017 01:29 AM
    Which phone? Does it have a Car/Driving Mode that might be preventing you from accessing apps for your own safety?
    08-07-2017 01:49 PM
    That's common in many car audio systems - you can use Bluetooth audio or Bluetooth phone connection, but not both at the same time. (My Kenwood BT330U is like that.) I wish there were some way to just have the phone call come through when I'm listening to the radio - but there isn't. (Many factory-installed audio systems do that, but I'm not spending a few hundred dollars to avoid having to push a button when I get a phone call.)
    08-07-2017 02:38 PM