Galaxy J7 Won't Automatically Connect to Cell Network at Startup: "Searching for Service"

A

AC Question

Problem: Whenever I start up my Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017 Prepaid) it always says "Searching for Service", and I cannot receive calls or texts (but the data 4G LTE connection works just fine for internet).

However I seem to be able to force it to connect to the cell network by placing an outgoing call. Whenever I place a call, the cell status shows as In Service with Verizon Wireless, just as it should. And from that point on, everything works perfectly until I reboot the phone. Every time the phone gets rebooted, it gets stuck in an endless "Searching for Service" again.

Phone history: I purchased the phone from Verizon a few months back and everything was working great. Then I recently switched the phone over to Tracfone, and activated it with a Tracfone CDMA LTE Sim Card. The transfer was relatively smooth, aside from this issue with the phone not wanting to automatically connect to the cell network.

I already tried a factory reset on the phone, and that didn't help the situation. I'm not sure if there is some hidden setting or something I am missing. Any help would be appreciated!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay