Kodi on tablet in car

frankmikalsen

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi.

I have an old Xperia tablet z and an old android phone.
Has anyone here used these components in a car for an entertainment system?

I would like to use the tablet as a "TV" for my kid in the backseat, and the phone as an remote control so he can watch some movies.
I will use something like this for mounting the tablet, http://www.trust.com/en/product/18639-universal-car-headrest-holder-for-tablets

Now I have the latest kodi and Kore installed on these units. Is there a way to control kodi with Bluetooth or something else since there are no WiFi in the car?
I have asked the kodi forum about the control also.

Or does anyone have a better setup to be used in cars, another software that is better for this use then kodi?

Thx in advance

Regards
Frank Mikalsen

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There has to be some connectivity between the two units, either mobile data or wifi (or one on each). A VNC server on the tablet and a VNC viewer on the phone would work - if you had wifi in the car. (I don't know if 2 OTG adapters and a USB cable would work - probably not. And I doubt that Bluetooth would work either.

You could try MyPhoneExplorer using a Bluetooth connection, and the screen mirror. No guarantees, but it's free and if it doesn't work all you've lost is a little time. (Install it in the phone and connect to the tablet - have Bluetooth enabled on both.)