Hi.

I have an old Xperia tablet z and an old android phone.
    Has anyone here used these components in a car for an entertainment system?

I would like to use the tablet as a "TV" for my kid in the backseat, and the phone as an remote control so he can watch some movies.
    I will use something like this for mounting the tablet, http://www.trust.com/en/product/18639-universal-car-headrest-holder-for-tablets

Now I have the latest kodi and Kore installed on these units. Is there a way to control kodi with Bluetooth or something else since there are no WiFi in the car?
    I have asked the kodi forum about the control also.

Or does anyone have a better setup to be used in cars, another software that is better for this use then kodi?

Thx in advance

Regards
    Frank Mikalsen
    08-07-2017 12:33 PM
    There has to be some connectivity between the two units, either mobile data or wifi (or one on each). A VNC server on the tablet and a VNC viewer on the phone would work - if you had wifi in the car. (I don't know if 2 OTG adapters and a USB cable would work - probably not. And I doubt that Bluetooth would work either.

You could try MyPhoneExplorer using a Bluetooth connection, and the screen mirror. No guarantees, but it's free and if it doesn't work all you've lost is a little time. (Install it in the phone and connect to the tablet - have Bluetooth enabled on both.)
    08-07-2017 02:27 PM