I have a Samsung galaxy j7 (I believe in the states that would be the 2016 version). The story is about 3 days ago I got a new j7 under warranty (the old one had a hardware LED problem). Now I feel like I traded one defective phone for another. Whenever I've been listening to music in my headphones I like to do this thing where I'll turn my volume up and down a lot. Now the problem lies in sometimes when I turn up the volume (note I press the button ONCE I am not holding it down) it will Jack the volume all the way up to max so I'll turn it down and sometimes it fights with me over it. Then when i get it back to humane levels of volume the up button suddenly doesn't respond. Like I cannot turn up the volume at all. I do not have this same problem with the volume down button and it just seems to be in that specific circumstance. Frankly it's irritated me so much I'm tempted to ask t mobile for my broken LED phone back. But somehow I don't think thats possible and I really don't want to spend another hour or more at t mobile and spend another 20 dollars for another replacement.
    08-07-2017 12:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this only happen when headphones are plugged in?
    08-07-2017 07:46 PM