So I'm using the Samsung S8 and I'm on T-Moblie.

Just recently, I received a weird text and said the sender was an email address. I don't want to open it because it has something attached to the message. I've been looking for apps, features, or settings that can help block spammers from texting me like this way. It literally shows an email address in where you are suppose to see a number.

Please help me. I don't want more to come my way.
    08-09-2017 11:06 AM
    Check the email address and see if it isn't some carrier. I don't have them all, but this is a partial list of email-to-sms gateways:

Alltel [insert 10-digit number]@message.alltel.com [insert 10-digit number]@mms.alltelwireless.com
    AT&T [insert 10-digit number]@txt.att.net [insert 10-digit number]@mms.att.net
    Boost Mobile [insert 10-digit number]@myboostmobile.com [insert 10-digit number]@myboostmobile.com
    Cricket Wireless [insert 10-digit number]@mms.cricketwireless.net
    Project Fi [insert 10-digit number]@msg.fi.google.com
    Sprint [insert 10-digit number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com [insert 10-digit number]@pm.sprint.com
    T-Mobile [insert 10-digit number]@tmomail.net [insert 10-digit number]@tmomail.net
    U.S. Cellular [insert 10-digit number]@email.uscc.net [insert 10-digit number]@mms.uscc.net
    Verizon [insert 10-digit number]@vtext.com [insert 10-digit number]@vzwpix.com
    Virgin Mobile [insert 10-digit number]@vmobl.com [insert 10-digit number]@vmpix.com
    Republic Wireless [insert 10-digital number]@text.republicwireless.com

If it's from a carrier, someone sent you an email, through a gateway, so you'd get it as a text. You should be able to block it by blocking the 10 digit number at the beginning with any phone/text blocking app.
    08-09-2017 01:02 PM