How to launch Google Search Screen without Home button?

szy.blaszczyk

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys!

I have a phone (Doogee Mix) without hardware home button but with fingerprint sensor (which may work as a home button). However, I don't like to use software buttons so it means I struggle to find a way to launch Google Search Screen (hold home Button which is impossible without software/hardware home button; holding fingerprint sensor doesn't work).

Any ideas? :)

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could always add the Google app as a shortcut on the homescreen, or the Google search widget. Or install a 3rd party launcher (like Nova) that allows gestures to open certain apps.

szy.blaszczyk

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could always add the Google app as a shortcut on the homescreen, or the Google search widget. Or install a 3rd party launcher (like Nova) that allows gestures to open certain apps.
Thanks, but I have Google app pinned and it's not the same. It's just an app.

Search screen is the function which scans whole screen and allow you to highlight text, automatically finds information on the screen, addresses etc.

Just hold home screen button and you will see the effect I'm looking for. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I see what you're saying. I thought you were talking about Google Now. I'm not sure if it's possible, but you might still want to try a 3rd party launcher like Nova.

szy.blaszczyk

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Oh, I see what you're saying. I thought you were talking about Google Now. I'm not sure if it's possible, but you might still want to try a 3rd party launcher like Nova.
I'm using Smart Launcher Pro and like it so much I'm not even going to think about other one. :)

I'm afraid it's not possible as you said. :-( Damn, why Google don't allow us to create any gesture for Screen Search?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk