Hi
    I just upgraded my micrsc card from 64gb to 256gb. I have copied the vids i had on the old one to the new one but only some work. The formats vary from avi, mp4 and mkv.
    I have redtated the s2, switched from hw to sw and installed 4 other vid apps but still it wont play some of the files.
    They had played on the previous card and do play on my Macbook.
    Any ideas gratefully received.
    TIA Jim
    08-11-2017 12:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this a Galaxy S2 phone, or a Galaxy Tab S2 tablet?

The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat devices.)

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-sd-card.html.
    08-11-2017 02:03 AM