I have reviewed all of the previous answers to this question and discovered that I also installed Beacon Flashlight, but do not want to uninstall it. I did some playing around on my Galaxy 8 and found out that you can "Opt out of Ads Personalization" which will instruct ads not to use your advertising ID to build profiles or show you personalized ads. This profile is associated with your Facebook account. Just go to Settings/Google settings/Ads/Turn on Opt Out of Ads Personalization. I have done this and will see if it works without having to uninstall the flashlight. Stay tuned for the results.
    VW Maverick likes this.
    08-11-2017 07:52 AM
    Good info.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mav.
    08-11-2017 08:26 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Yeah, the Beacon flashlight has been pushing those ads for several users. Tell us how it goes disabling those permissions, but I think a flashlight app should be just that, a flashlight app, without those annoying ads and weird permissions. Plenty of them in the Play Store or you can use the stock flashlight or create a simple widget with Power Toggles or a similar app.
    08-11-2017 08:36 AM
    I would wonder why install a flashlight app when the S8 has a built in flashlight toggle anyway.
    Aquila and js12278 like this.
    08-11-2017 08:47 AM
    Exactly. Look, got curious about this app so this is what I found. Last updated on October 2016, it claims that it doesn't push ads (not true) and needs all these permissions for what they call "a simple, straightforward flashlight". I would uninstall this app without a second thought.

08-11-2017 10:20 AM
    I have reviewed all of the previous answers to this question and discovered that I also installed Beacon Flashlight, but do not want to uninstall it. I did some playing around on my Galaxy 8 and found out that you can "Opt out of Ads Personalization" which will instruct ads not to use your advertising ID to build profiles or show you personalized ads. This profile is associated with your Facebook account. Just go to Settings/Google settings/Ads/Turn on Opt Out of Ads Personalization. I have done this and will see if it works without having to uninstall the flashlight. Stay tuned for the results.
    Few things here.

1) Beacon Flashlight is malware.
    2) Why on earth would their be ads for the device's built in functionality?
    3) Why does it need ANY permissions aside from the camera?
    4) Why would your flashlight sync with Facebook?
    5) Are you kidding me?
    chanchan05 likes this.
    08-11-2017 10:28 AM
    Well....I tried installing this on my Note 5 to test this app. It kept crashing.
    08-11-2017 10:34 AM
    3) Why does it need ANY permissions aside from the camera?
    I can understand phone status. This is the permission (as I recall) that allows an incoming call to override the app completely. So say you are playing Candy Crush (I picked a reasonable game that is clean and many people have so they can relate), and Mom calls. Obviously, the call should take priority over a game.

Most of the other permissions are bogus.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-11-2017 10:38 AM
    I can understand phone status. This is the permission (as I recall) that allows an incoming call to override the app completely. So say you are playing Candy Crush (I picked a reasonable game that is clean and many people have so they can relate), and Mom calls. Obviously, the call should take priority over a game.

Most of the other permissions are bogus.
    Good point; thanks I forget some of the permission stuff sometimes. Draw over, sync status, network access, prevent sleep, run at startup, etc, etc. are all non-starters for a device that has no purpose other than to toggle an LED.
    08-11-2017 10:40 AM