I cannot disable the screen lock (after enabling Find My Mobile)

A

AC Question

I cannot disable the screen lock!

I believe it is a result of that fact that I just enabled the Find My Device feature via google.com/android/device manager. I set up a password there. Then my phone locked, and I had to enter the pw to unlock it. Now, I always have to enter that pw to unlock the phone, and I don't want that. So, I tried to turn off the password lock in the phone settings. Under "Screen Lock Type", it says "password". I am required to type in the pw, to turn it off. It temporarily changed to "Swipe" and "No Security". But then as soon as a navigate away from this screen on my phone, it goes back to "Screen Lock Type" - Password. I can't disable the screen lock! It's driving me nuts. So, I turned off the Find My Device feature. I also went into Phone Administrators and removed the radio button next to Find My Device. That didn't do it. I restarted the phone. I disabled google smartlock (I don't know if that is relevant). That didnt' work either. I read something about selecting Clear Credentials, but that option is grayed-out on my phone.

Please Help!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze