So I erased all software from my phone. I connected it to my PC and accidentally installed my PC driver instead of the downloaded software. Now my phone is showing as a PC and it won't let me uninstall by tethering because my PC recognizes it as an extension of itself. WHAT DO I DO??!!
    08-11-2017 04:14 PM
    What phone?
    08-11-2017 06:01 PM
    Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3
    08-11-2017 06:55 PM
    Evertime I hook it up it shows up as external storage device. Apps say they are incompatible with PC and direct me to the market. Of course those apps say incompatible also. I have tried absolutely everything to uninstall the drivers. It says uninalled before I unhook it but my device profile has completely changed. If I remove add ons while tethered (Yes there's those too) it will show as portable media device but won't give me access to it at all. I've even tried to send files thru a wireless sharing app but once they reach the app that's is. Won't download to phone. Believe me I'm stumped. I just tried to uninstall from another computer. It shows up as CD/ROM USB but once again it won't let me change it's profile.
    08-11-2017 08:33 PM
    I've tried "properties" "uninstall driver" but it just makes the icons disappear. When I select "remove device" same thing. No other options and it doesn't really change anything.
    08-11-2017 08:39 PM
    Oh and any software I try to download, saves as a usless unreadable pdf
    08-11-2017 09:09 PM
    Two possibilities. Try reflashing the ROM. (See https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...stock-t3256352 for general instructions for Alcatel, https://forum.xda-developers.com/idol-3 and look around for the file you'll need for the Idol 3).

If that doesn't work, look on eBay for someone who does JTAG service on Alcatel phones. Any computing device can have the system forced into it with the proper JTAG device, even if there's nothing in it but blank storage. (But it's free to reflash the ROM, and about $100 or more to have it JTAGed.)
    08-12-2017 02:02 PM