My son can text me from his galaxy tab 4, I do receive those texts. However my texts don't go through to him on the tab 4. His father has a galaxy 8 Plus and his texts go through to the tab 4. Why won't my texts go through.
    08-12-2017 07:29 AM
    Send him a text, but mark it SMS. (If he used to have an iPhone, he's going to have to remove his number from iMessage, which an Apple store can help him with - but that would mean that anyone who used to send him texts on his iPhone would be having a problem now.)

The world runs on SMS, but Apple runs on iMessage. Unfortunately, they're totally incompatible, and Apple won't allow anyone else to use their protocol, so no other phone can receive iMessages (which is what you're sending when you send text). Marking a text as SMS tells your phone to always send the text as SMS, not iMessage, when sending to that number.

It's the best we can do until the "Leader of the World" forces Apple to release their protocol for everyone to use. iPhone users won't complain to Apple in large enough numbers ("complain" by not buying Apple products) to have any effect.
    08-12-2017 01:53 PM