Settings/App/ Disable/Enable tab disappeared

miata54

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
I got in over my head in trying to remove duplicate icons from the App drawer, so I elected to do a reformat and start anew. Marshmellow 6.0 loaded without cause. I commenced configuring the phone starting with Settings/ Wi-Fi and working my way down.. When I got to 'Apps' and tapped it, it brought me to the Apps screen and showed me all the installed apps. In the previous install of 6.0, when I tapped the loaded apps screen, I got a small drop down that showed, IIRC, All-Enable-Disable. In this recent install of 6.0, that drop down is no where to be found. What I now have in the upper right hand corner, is a 'Settings' icon and the three vertical dot icon. Tapping the Settings icon brings me to a 'Configuration' page. Tapping the dots icon brings me to a drop down for 'Show System' and 'Reset preferences'. No where to be found is the 'Disable-Enable' option.

What I am trying to accomplish is reduced battery drain when the phone is idle. Would the app Greenify accomplish the same objective? Still mystified why the 'Disable-Enable' drop down will not appear.

Thanks

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Greenify would do even better, but if the phone isn't rooted, you have to disable each app as Greenify decides that it should be put to sleep. Greenify can only do it by itself on a rooted phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670