Hi, have spent the afternoon trying various different things i have read on here but with no luck so hopefully someone can help.

I put a new SD card in my phone the other week, and transferred over a small folder of photos, for the first few days everything was working fine. however a few days ago i realised the new SD card was not being seen by the phone, on top of this i can now not find any of the photos i had on my phone before putting the the card in (several GB's worth). Im pretty sure the card is knackered as nothing will see it, tried laptop and other phones which isnt a big deal, however the phone memory photos are. Im fairly sure they are still on the phone somewhere as the internal memory is saying it only has just over a GB left and if all the photos had been deleted i would expect there to be alot more space on there.

Tried safe mode, viewing folders on laptop, deleting .face and .noimage files and still no joy.... taking new photos and viewing them is also not a problem.

any one got any ideas??

Cheers,
    Mark
    08-14-2017 12:29 PM
    Try PhotoRec (instructions at PhotoRec Step By Step). If they're on the card, as long as the SD storage on the card is accessible (there's a CPU, storage, RAM, etc., on the card - it's really a little computer), PhotoRec will find them.

It's going to take a long time - PhotoRec searches through all of the storage on the card, looking for anything that looks like a file it recognizes, do run it on a PC you're not going to run games or anything else 'heavy' on. And when you replace the card, replace it with one with a decent warranty (which means good quality), like SanDisk. They may cost a little more, but I still have SanDisk cards that are so small (32MB was once considered a lot of storage) that they're not really useful, but they still work (probably about 15 years old).
    08-14-2017 02:12 PM