Have any one else experience problems after using the S8 in water?

A

AC Question

I didn't even emerge my phone under the water. Just got wet and couldn't charge it afterwards. Got an error message stating the charger port was wet and need to dry before it can be charge. I actually had to use a blow dryer to dry the charger port in order for it to charge. Thought this phone was suppose to be waterproof.

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

The phone is not waterproof. It is water resistant. There's a difference. Devices with a rating of IP68 are deemed fit enough to withstand dust, dirt and sand. Are resistant to submersion to a maximum depth of 1.5 meters underwater for 30 minutes. Thanks.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
It's sealed and is water resistant, but if you plug it in with a wet charge port it would still short the phone out. The warning message is normal, the phone detects any moisture and it won't take a charge so it can't damage itself.

I've got the S7, it does the same thing. My phone has been submerged in the sink, washed in the sink, used in the shower, used in the rain, submerged in a lake and several streams while taking underwater photos. Can take a few hours for the charge port to work again, wireless charging still works. Speakers also get water in them and distort, but they always return to normal after a few hours as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12