Finding source of app install.

A

AC Question

I bought a tablet that comes with pre-installed malware. :-(

The tablet regularly installs three apps that once installed for a while will start adding a new tab with a "handy home page" to any web activity.

The tablet is usable as long as I uninstall the bad apps as soon as possible. Reading in the news that google banned an app from the appstore I started wondering if these apps actually come from the appstore, and if not where DO they come from?

Of course the best solution would be to install a fresh android, but as far as I can tell my tablet is not popular enough to have its own port....

So... In android (very old) can I ask the system what the install source is?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I bought a tablet that comes with pre-installed malware. :-(

The tablet regularly installs three apps that once installed for a while will start adding a new tab with a "handy home page" to any web activity.

The tablet is usable as long as I uninstall the bad apps as soon as possible. Reading in the news that google banned an app from the appstore I started wondering if these apps actually come from the appstore, and if not where DO they come from?

Of course the best solution would be to install a fresh android, but as far as I can tell my tablet is not popular enough to have its own port....

So... In android (very old) can I ask the system what the install source is?

Your best best would be to contact the Table manufacture, which you haven't provided.
They would be responsible for any Malware preinstalled. ...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon