My acer phone has been working fine for a year now, a few months ago, it just went haywire. When i launch it, i see the normal acer bootup screen (btw, its an acer liquid Z630). Then i see my backround for a little, and then boom.

The entire screen is black, and all i see are the back button (the home and recent apps buttons are both not there) and the notification tab on the top of the screen.
    I can even interact with it by swiping down, but when i click settings, or data usage in it, nothing happens. And i have tried EVERYTHING (clicked the back button, held down on it, clicked everything thing in the notification tab, etc), but nothing works.

I have been using a laptop to do things for the past 3 months, and i need the phone to work so i can at least backup my stuff, or clear the cache, or something... So i can get a new phone.

Anyone know what to do?
    08-17-2017 09:49 AM
    And i have important data, so formatting must be a FINAL option (i just made an account after posting the question as a guest)
    08-17-2017 09:53 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. I think your screen has died. Try this:

Unlock phone with broken screen:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ed-screen.html

Recover Files from drive/SD card:
    http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec_Step_By_Step
    08-17-2017 09:58 AM
    My screen is not cracked, sadly. The phone is opened, but everything is black except back button and notifications, i can even click on them and get response, only vibration though. When i click the power button, the screen turns on, like normal, with phone presumably unlocked (because sometimes, when i turn it back on, i see what i was clicking appear, such as the settings menu, or the home screen).
    I wish it could be that simple...
    08-17-2017 02:10 PM
    A repairer may be able to connect a working display to your phone so that you can access your data.
    08-17-2017 05:00 PM
    like a moniter? For computer, except connected to my phone? Is it possible to do at home as well?
    08-18-2017 02:56 AM
    Well, I've heard that repairers will sometimes do that to help the customer. I guess it would mean that the phone is disassembled, the original display removed, and a working display temporarily connected. I don't think that it could be done in any other way, but I'm not an expert.
    08-18-2017 04:24 AM
    is that also the reason that when i restart the phone it just shuts off, and i cant turn it back on unless i remove battery and place back in
    08-18-2017 05:09 AM