On my file manager, my previously downloaded mp3 files' icon turned into something with a paper and a question mark. This happened after connecting my phone to my laptop. Then instead of their memory sizes showing "4.56mb, or 3.82mb,etc" the sizes are now down to "0.78 kb, or 0.8kb,etc.."

After mounting off my phone, I downloaded new songs to it and the newly downloaded files' icon were 'normal', the one with a disc and a note, abd sizes, in mb.

The weird thing is the 0-kb-files-with-question-mark are playing on my google play! So i tried connecting to my laptop again and tried transferring the 0kbfiles as well as the recently downloaded ones hoping that the 0kbs would go back to how they were. The new files played but not the 0kb ones. There's an error showing.

What happened to the files? How come it plays on my google play after what happened? Is there something that I could do to put it all back to be able to play the files on my laptop? Thank you!
    08-19-2017 12:05 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Are the mp3 files saved to Internal Storage or an SD card? Are you using Google Play Music to play these music files locally, or did you upload these music files to your Google Play Music cloud?
    08-19-2017 02:48 PM