So I just bought a new LG Stylo 3 from Wal-Mart in the Straight-Talk section, and bought a screen protector & case from T-mobile. How the last part relates to my problem is that my SIM card was installed by the T-mobile employee after removing the SIM card "adapter" (makes the card appear bigger). After my phone was fully turned on (after the boot-up screen), I got a notification that I'm using an "Invalid SIM card". Can a T-mobile SIM card work on this phone? If so, can I make it work, or do I need to take it to T-mobile?
    08-20-2017 10:29 AM
    Just look at the map on the Straight Talk box. If it's pink it's TMobile. If it's blue, it's AT&T. If it's Yellow it's Sprint and if it's red it's Verizon, and the last 2 won't work on TMobile (they're the wrong technology). But if it's AT&T, and you unlock the SIM, it should work. (Since Straight Talk doesn't unlock phones, and I doubt that AT&T will give you an unlock code for a phone bought as Straight Talk [although you can try - AT&T Wireless Consumer Device Unlock Request], you may have to go with AT&T or Cricket.)
    08-20-2017 12:46 PM