My Galaxy S8 won't charge, burning smell!

A

AC Question

Hey everyone, i'm looking for some advice and hopefully a solution. Basically my Galaxy S8 won't charge anymore using the usb charging port. When I connect the charger nothing happens so I take the lead back out and I notice a slight electric burning smell from both the USB charging port and the end of the charger itself. I tried using a brand new Samsung fast charger and the same thing happened. My phone didn't charge and once again I noticed a slight burning smell. However, my phone still charges when I use a Samsung wireless charger but this option is not really ideal for me as firstly the charging time is significantly longer, and secondly, I go on quite a few long journeys and therefore have a couple of battery packs for this reason which obviously only work using the phone's charging port. Has anyone else experienced this or know what the problem is? Is it something which is repairable and can I do it myself?
Many thanks.
Steve.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It sounds as if the usb-c Charing port has failed. I would suggest not trying to get it to charge by cable any more. If you're noticing a burning smell, it could lead to fire if left plugged in long enough. You should seek out your nearest Carrier Store if bought from one, or a Samsung Repair Shop, or contact them by email/phone. It should be covered under warranty since it sounds like a device defect. Have you ever dropped, submerged, left on sun, etc? Has there been any damage to the Phone at all?

L Addison

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Have experience nearly the same problem. This phone has some damage ., broken screen. Not a surprise, extremely easy to do with glass. Tried Several protectors to no avail. Wouldn't stay on the phone because of the beveled edge. I have sent to samsung today. Screen damage should t have anything to do with the charging port. Going to cost me an arm and a leg to get it fixed

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Just a fair warning! Samsung will repair anything & everything they find wrong with the device. Or they will send it back if you don't want to pay the price to get it fixed. I paid $72 for a battery replacement! And thankfully they didn't find anything wrong with the device, other than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781