I hope someone can help me. I have recently purchased the Samsung S8 through a 3rd party. The new SIM card I received was with a different number than that I wanted to keep. Therefore, I made transfer with PAC code. All good, receiving making calls with correct number. However, as I have some apps which sends push notifications to my phone, when I search for my number in Settings > About Phone > My phone number, it appears as unknown. I have contacted Samsung who say it is down to my network provider although they have already reissued me with a replacement SIM with my correct number registered and I still cannot resolve the matter. Any help or feedback greatly appreciated
    08-21-2017 08:05 AM
    I faced this problem before and it has nothing to do with the phone, it's a sim card problem.
    08-21-2017 02:35 PM
    See your network provider again. As jasonandrews said, it's a SIM card problem (or your account isn't properly reset for the new SIM card). I've seen it many times, and reprovisioning the account (basically just checking the settings and, even if they're correct other than the SIM card number, saving them) usually fixes it (after you get still another SIM card).
    08-21-2017 03:07 PM