which phone is better for a windows phone convert, moto g5 plus or redmi note 4?

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I've been looking to switch from a lumia 550 to either the moto g5 plus (3 gb ram/ 32 storage/ no compass) variant or the xiaomi redmi note 4 (4 gb ram/ 64 gb storage). What I mainly look for is a solid os experience with as little lag as possible, good camera and a day of use battery life. Which of these would be a better fit for this criteria and if any other suggestions are available will be appreciated.

Edit: Also the lenovo P2 seems a good option in this price range.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure that the Windows-phone part of the question is relevant. I use it myself, and in fact have a 550. What you're really asking is which of those Androids would be best for you, am I right?

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
yeah you're probably right. I just added that bit if it helps in clearing up my previous smartphone experience. Anyway just to make myself more clear the main aim of that bit was stating my preference for smooth software experience.

priyalkhurana

Aug 17, 2017
Visit site
As per my experience the Moto G5 Plus would be a better option to choose from. The phone has a great configuration and features. In addition as per your requirement the camera quality is very good. It is better than Redmi Note 4. There are some additional points to consider, the Moto G5 Plus comes with Android Nougat and its splash proof and comes with turbo charge. There is also a 4GB variant in the Moto G5 plus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I always trust Motorola phones, so I'd go for the G5 plus.

I would have to agree. The Moto G5 Plus is the winner for me. Solid all round device for a good price. The Redmi might have higher specs but I trust the G5 Plus much more.

Let us know what you decide @ mahmoudsalah93 . Hopefully all goes well. :)

A droid a day, keep the apple away.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
+1 for the G5+. Also, the G5S+ is going to very released pretty soon. It could be interesting knowing what's new in this model and, most likely, you'll get some promotions for the G5+ once the new model is in the market.