My phone works, but my screen wont light up. I dropped it, it has an outter box, it didnt crack, just wont light up. What should I do?
    08-21-2017 02:18 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I suggest trying a hard reset. Hold your power and volume down button at the same time till you see it restart. Then let go of the buttons. Hopefully this will help with your issue. If not you will probably need to have it checked by a repair center. Thanks!
    08-21-2017 02:30 PM
    I would say that it's a coincidence that the LED backlight on the screen went bad at the same time you dropped it - I've done worse than just drop my phone in an Otterbox, with no effect on anything. (It got flung off a wireless charger into the wall hard enough that I was sure that when I turned around, I'd see a hole in the wall, but nothing happened - to the wall, to the Otterbox or to the phone.)

But yours will have to go to a repair shop. It probably needs a new screen. (If you're lucky, the shock just popped off the connector from the screen to the motherboard, so you'll save the price of the screen, and just have to pay for labor.)

And once it's fixed, I'd write to Otterbox and let them know which case it is, which phone it is, how high it dropped from, onto what kind of flooring (stone, wood, carpet, etc.) and what the actual damage was. I'm sure they'd be interested. (And who knows, you might get an offer for a free "something" for letting them know.)
    08-21-2017 02:32 PM