Fb messanger issue

Geoff Nelson

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
I have a question about fb messanger on my galaxy s8. So the fb messanger app works, except the "messages section of the app. Loading circle just goes round and round. Doesn't show any messages and doesn't send notifications if someone writes me.....here's what I have tried to fix it. Cleared the caches, unloaded and reloaded the app. Made sure that no data saving was on. I factory reset my phone 3 times. I even opened a new fb account just to use it on the app and it worked. Messages all worked, and even my messages from my regular account came back. Then fb disabled my new account and my messages on my regular account left and turning circle came back. Again, everything else on the app works. If i start a convo then the old convo shows up and will send. Also fb message app works for me everywhere else, iOS. So it's not an account problem. I don't thjink it's a phone problem cause literally every other app and every other aspect of the fb messages app works! I have sent numerous messages to fb and nothing and I even called samsung and nothing. It's not even a big deal, but it drives me nuts. If anyone can help me fix this I will be soooo grateful!

Geoff Nelson

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, my main account that works on everything else, that hasn't shown any messages in a long time on the app, still shows no messages after all those actions taken. So I signed up for a brand new FB account. Then signed into FB messenger on my phone with the new account. And it worked on my phone. I FB friended my regular account and sent myself text messages back and forth from an iPhone FB messenger. And the app worked fine. Showed my messages and everything. So then I signed into my regular account as well on the s8 (so now I have both the new account and my regular account signed into the FB messager app on s8), and suddenly both accounts work! Messages appear again from my regular account and it's back to normal for first time in months! Then in a few hours, the messages go away, replacedy the loading circle again, and the new account I made won't let me sign in anymore cause FB flagged it or something.

So it leads me to think that there is some setting or something saved, even when I uninstall and clear cache from the FB messager app on my s8 on my regular account that I just can't make work. I think the app is functional cause the different account worked......it's super wierd....

Geoff Nelson

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I think it must be too. As long as it's not the expensive phone, I don't care so much. But drives me crazy for some reason. Especially cause fb doesn't help a bit.

Thank you for your suggestions! I appreciate you taking the time ??????