My S7 has a permanent background whenever I open any app. It looks like the home screen, with google bar and icons of whatsapp, youtube and somw others I cant make oit, all in feint red. I can't offer a screenshot because it doesn't capture that background. Does anyone have any idea what it is? Certainly not a theme
    08-22-2017 07:11 AM
    Sounds like screen burn.
    08-22-2017 07:24 AM
    My S7 has a permanent background whenever I open any app. It looks like the home screen, with google bar and icons of whatsapp, youtube and somw others I cant make oit, all in feint red. I can't offer a screenshot because it doesn't capture that background. Does anyone have any idea what it is? Certainly not a theme
    Welcome to Android Central thanks for the question.

This sounds like "SBE" which is the screen burn in effect. It sometimes happens on AMOLED screens especially when the screen brightness is high. It's not something you have done wrong, just simply a defect in the screen technology.
    Some people try to keep their screen brightness a little lower and also try to have a dark theme wallpaper to lower the chances of it happening but eventually it will happen.

Best advice, would be to take the phone in for a screen replacement. Hopefully it's not to expensive for your budget.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

A droid a day, keep the apple away.
    08-22-2017 08:40 AM
    Screen brightness to high and left on a static image for too long. Screen burn in won't happen on high brightness if the images are constantly moving or colors changing.
    08-22-2017 09:03 AM
    I had same problem in my oppo ...tried to remove cache and then data reset but none helped ....so screen replacement became the only solution and now it is fine..!
    09-30-2018 08:35 PM