Is there an easy way to remove music files stored on Pixel?

A

AC Question

When I set up my new Pixel, I copied data from my iPhone, and in the process my Pixel downloaded all of the music that happened to be stored on my iPhone at the time of the transfer.

Now, all of those music files are taking up storage space on my Pixel. That was fine for a while - they were stored on my iPhone too - but naturally I wanted to swap them out for some different playlists. Loading and unloading music for offline listening was a simple thing on the iPhone and I've been shocked to discover that that's an alien concept on the Pixel.

The only method I've figured out to delete these audio files is selecting them one-by-one from Settings > Storage > Audio. But this is 6GBs of music and each song file is located in the sub-subfolder of each artist. This can't really be the only solution...

The "resolution" I keep seeing when I search for help on this is: "Google Play > Settings > Manage downloads > Tap the check mark." However, there is no check mark anywhere on that screen.

Loading and unloading music for offline listening was a simple thing on the iPhone. I never imagined this could be such a headache. I'm hoping that I'm just misunderstanding some fundamental concept about how Pixel/Android handles music and/or downloads. Any help would be appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87