Hello everyone. I gave my phone in to a phone repair shop for diagnostics since my phone isn't powering on at all and I was told that the phone is hard bricked. The repair guy also told me that the nand chip has been breaking down on the motherboard. Is there any way in which I can make my phone work again or at least any way I can get my data? Thank you!
    Atifbaig786 likes this.
    08-23-2017 12:41 AM
    This appears to be a highly Hardware Issue.While Being Repaired or Being flashed It must Be wiped many Times.There is no Data To Recover.
    Or you can Visit CIA headquarters and say that you have secret Nuclear theory in your Phone
    08-23-2017 10:26 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. I would agree with @Atifbaig786, the definition of hard-bricked is just that, it's gone. Sorry.
    08-23-2017 10:28 AM
    If you've left it on the charger overnight, and you still can't get it to power on in normal, recovery or download modes, the motherboard will probably have to be replaced. (No one does single-chip replacements any more.)

But if you can get it to start in recovery mode, you can try Recovering files via adb (Post #22).

If you can get it to start in download mode, but not in recovery mode, you can reflash the ROM (you'll lose all your data, but it's currently lost anyway). See [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.

But considering the age of the S3, the repair shop may be correct - and that would mean a new motherboard.
    08-23-2017 12:11 PM