Photos on an SD card

mark.boulton44

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I currently have several hundred photos and videos saved on the SD card in my current phone, if I buy a new Android phone and put the SD card in that would all my photos and videos still be displayed in date order? Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They're displayed in the order of whatever the app you;re using to look at them is set to sort by. But if it's set to sort by date, the dates on the files won't change, so they'll still be in the same order they are now. (Most picture viewer apps can be set to sort by date, name, etc.)

mark.boulton44

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
They're displayed in the order of whatever the app you;re using to look at them is set to sort by. But if it's set to sort by date, the dates on the files won't change, so they'll still be in the same order they are now. (Most picture viewer apps can be set to sort by date, name, etc.)
Brilliant, thanks so much, I currently use an app called Piktures (which is excellent by the way!) to view my photos and videos which, having just checked does have an option to sort by date both ascending and descending, the default is 'by date descending' so can't foresee any issues! Thanks again!