Live

Black Friday deal team is live right now!

Check out the hottest Black Friday Deals!

Expand Minimize
    Hey guys,

I've just switched to android from iPhone, I want to enable chat heads for messenger on my s8 (android 7.0 nougat, up-to-date messenger app) but I cannot find the option anywhere. There is no chat heads option in the messenger settings, and in the system settings for the phone messenger is allowed to appear on top. Any ideas?
    themikesam likes this.
    08-26-2017 08:50 AM
    Are we talking about Facebook Messenger or a different "messenger" app?
    08-27-2017 01:28 AM
    OP here, I'm talking about the facebook messenger official app. I've since discovered that by logging into a different fb account on the same phone gives me options for chat heads, but logging back into my account the option is not there again. I've logged out of facebook on all devices, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app - nothing
    themikesam likes this.
    08-27-2017 01:46 AM
    Weird...option is there for me in Messenger's app settings
    Attached Thumbnails How to ENABLE chat heads for Messenger?-9255.jpg  
    themikesam likes this.
    08-27-2017 01:50 AM
    Yeah, that option just doesn't exist for me Its there for other accounts on the same phone and everything. I figure this must be a facebook issue rather than the phone settings or something else
    themikesam likes this.
    08-27-2017 01:58 AM
    I have the same issue right now i bought a new phone and logged in there was no chatheads option reported it 3 times with no answer while other accounts on the same phone have it
    themikesam likes this.
    09-02-2017 03:39 AM
    Facebook is a social media site - it seems that they don't spend much effort on their apps. (I haven't seen a single version yet that didn't have at least one major bug.) And complaints about bugs are seldom acknowledged. They fix them in future versions, but never respond to complaints.
    themikesam likes this.
    09-02-2017 01:37 PM
    My partner got the same issue.. She just switched from iphone to android (j7 pro nougat),for some reason "chat head" option is not showing on her fb messenger settings.. we tried everything to fix the issue, uninstall/reinstall both FB and FB messenger, still did not work, tried to log in her acct on a diff android device got same issue, but funny thing is tha when you log in a diff account on her phone it will show the "chat head" option in the settings.. So what i'm sorta think of is it bcoz she switch from an iphone maybe? But i dont have any technical explanation if that is even possible,that switching from iphone to android could be a problem.. Any idea to resolve the issue??
    themikesam likes this.
    09-04-2017 10:20 PM
    Yeah, that option just doesn't exist for me Its there for other accounts on the same phone and everything. I figure this must be a facebook issue rather than the phone settings or something else
    Hi! One question.. did you just switched from iphone to android? Thanks ..
    09-04-2017 10:22 PM
    But i dont have any technical explanation if that is even possible,that switching from iphone to android could be a problem.
    Of course it could be. It's not the same app running on different phones, the apps are each (iPhone and Android) written separately. There could be some bug in the Android app.
    09-05-2017 02:23 PM
    The same happens to me, did anyone resolved it ?? I went from iPhone to Android and I cant see that chat heads option. With another account the option is enable. please help !!!!!!
    belodion likes this.
    09-12-2017 12:30 PM
    The same thing for me, i moved from iOS to Android, on my facebook acc there is no chat heads option, but on my mums acc it does appear. I know some people that have same problem but they moved from Windows Phone..
    09-13-2017 06:07 PM
    The same has happened to me except I didn't move from iOS to Android. I had the option on my Galaxy S7 up until a Messenger update a few weeks ago, the chat heads option then disappeared. I've since upgraded to an S8 and still can't see the option, yet other accounts on both phones do. I've also reported it several times with no answer.
    themikesam likes this.
    09-14-2017 10:43 PM
    Hey guys,

I've just switched to android from iPhone, I want to enable chat heads for messenger on my s8 (android 7.0 nougat, up-to-date messenger app) but I cannot find the option anywhere. There is no chat heads option in the messenger settings, and in the system settings for the phone messenger is allowed to appear on top. Any ideas?
    Hey, i have the Exact same Issue.

I Discovered, logging to a Second Account, lets THE SECOND account ONLY, have the Chat heads option. But not the Main account.

This is sooooo Stupid >_____<
    themikesam likes this.
    09-15-2017 01:07 PM
    I'm having the same problem here on my Note 8. I just switched from an iPhome, too. I was really looking forwards to using the chat heads.
    themikesam and Feng1972 like this.
    09-15-2017 08:56 PM
    Same here with my Note 8
    09-17-2017 10:53 AM
    Same for me, just bought a note 8 and can't get chat heads on my facebook account but if I log into an old facebook of mine the option to enable them shows up.
    themikesam likes this.
    09-17-2017 07:38 PM
    I've got the same problem. There's no chat heads option in settings (on Alcatel Idol 4 I used Messenger Lite for some times and after I came back to full Messenger there's no option to enable chat heads), after phone wipe and after switching to Xiaomi MI 6 this option is still mising but when I log to another facebook account this option is back...
    themikesam likes this.
    09-18-2017 05:02 AM
    same as above.
    switch another account, the chat heads back.
    switch to original account; chat heads disappeared.

P/S: both account are using in iOS currently.
    09-18-2017 12:07 PM
    really stulid facebook.
    i reported couple times and them ignored.
    09-18-2017 12:08 PM
    Same here. I passed from windows phone to p9 lite and the option is not there. In Windows this option wasn't available.
    09-19-2017 11:58 AM
    Hello, I had same problem and this is what worked for me on my note 8.

1. Make sure that you have last versions of Facebook and Messenger apps installed
    2. Open Facebook app
    3. Open any of your friends profile
    4. Click on messenger icon in their profile

That opened chat head for me and chat heads option in messenger suddenly showed up.
    10-11-2017 05:27 AM